Flower Blanket and Puppy

One of my cousin's had a baby girl. So flower power purple blanket and a puppy :)
Puppy with flower blanket

Main Info

Blanket

Simple flower blanket pattern

Puppy

Thoughts from the process

Blanket

This blanket was very much my nice and simple standard blanket. It went super fast too, since I didn't have many color changes.
Flower blanket with hood

Puppy

This puppy was big and complicated. It took longer than the blanket! The reason why I'm not sure about the puppy's measurements is I forgot to write it down before I sent it to my cousin. It is definitely one of the bigger stuffed animals I've made.
Puppy close up
An interesting feature is the legs are movable. I made "buttons" by crocheting circles and then threaded through the leg, body, and opposite leg. In the future, I think I would block the circles before using them. The curling has a certain charm, but I'd want to also try for a flatter look.
Puppy "buttons" for movable legs
I messed up a little on the legs. There was a section on the front legs where I was supposed to use dc, but I read it as sc. So I repeated it for the other leg as well. I don't really see anything wrong with the leg. But note to self for future reference.

Comments

Popular Posts