Jungle blanket with teddy bear

My sister-in-law had an adorable baby boy. She asked for a jungle themed blanket. When I offered her the choice of a motif blanket or a particular stitch, she chose an antique star stitch from my Pinterest boards. She had no preference on the stuffed animal, so I chose my favorite teddy bear pattern.
Teddy bear with jungle colored blanket

Main Info

Blanket

Teddy Bear

Thoughts from the process

Blanket

She chose either the star stitch or a textured wave stitch. I made swatches of each and we decided on the star because the texted wave stitch did not look the same on both sides and it was a little too textured for wanting to put a baby on top of the blanket. Each stripe is 7-star stitches high.

With the help of the husband, we chose the premium Big Twist yarn because it had deeper colors than the mostly pastel baby yarn selection. The feel is a little firmer than baby yarn, but from prior experience of other yarn brands I've found there is little difference in the feel after a few washes.

The trimming is in sweetpea, leftover from the Ripple Wave Baby blanket. I skip a stitch dc, then dc in the stitch I just skipped, repeat. Corners have 3 dc. I considered adding a row of sc on top, but the border seemed thick enough on its own.
Close up the trim and corner stitching.

Teddy Bear

This is my favorite teddy bear pattern! It's so cute! I, as usual, used the yarn from the blanket and embroidered the eyes and nose with black embroidery thread. I think next time I'd also make the feet start out with one color and switch to the other like the arms.

Comments

Popular Posts